- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Comprehensive Eye Exams
The eye care specialists at the Lavenburg Medical Group offer comprehensive eye examinations for patients located in Wilmington and Newark, Delaware; Elkton and Northeast, Maryland and surrounding areas in Delaware, Maryland, and southeastern Pennsylvania.
At Douglas J. Lavenburg, M.D.,P.A. our comprehensive eye exams are designed to meet the ocular and visual medical needs of our entire patient population. Due to ocular disorders and eye diseases our practice encourages regular eye examinations. Everyday life can be hard on your eyes and Lavenburg Medical Group wants to provide you with the best eye care possible. We are Delaware and Northeastern Maryland's choice for EXCELLENCE IN EYE CARE with locations in Newark, Delaware and Elkton, Maryland.
Comprehensive eye examinations include:
- Patient history regarding any visual complaints or other eye related problems, as well as an extensive medical history.
- Vision Check - Distance and Near
- Testing of Ocular Motility
- Peripheral vision screening test
- Refraction to determine a patient's need for glasses and to provide a prescription
- Intraocular pressure check
- Dilation of pupils
- Thorough anterior & posterior segment examination
Other testing as needed may include:
- Color Testing
- Binocular vision testing
- Amsler Grid for macular function
If you are seeking an eye exam, please call our practice to schedule your comprehensive evaluation. In many cases your medical insurance or your vision insurance plan will pay for the evaluation. Please view our Facebook page for promotions and more information about the Lavenburg Medical Group and the DelMar Surgical and Cosmetic Treatment Center. The goal of a comprehensive eye examination is to allow patients to have the best possible vision while addressing and educating patients on ocular health issues or concerns. The Doctors at Lavenburg Medical Group are dedicated to delivering quality eye care to their patients.